Happy Friday! Not that I’m trying to question the great and poweful Martha Stewart, but you could skip the vodka and go with Gin instead. May even be better! There I said it, it might be better. I should probably watch my back now.
- 2 cups sugar
- 12 sprigs fresh thyme, plus more for garnish
- 4 cups freshly squeezed lemon juice, about 24 lemons
- 2 cups vodka
- In a small saucepan, combine 2 cups water with the sugar and thyme; bring to a boil over high heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat; let cool to room temperature.
- Pour mixture through a fine sieve into a large glass measuring cup; discard thyme. You should have 2 cups syrup. Cover with plastic; chill.
- In a large serving pitcher, stir together lemon juice, vodka, and chilled syrup; garnish with thyme. Divide evenly among eight tumblers filled with ice; serve immediately.
Photo and recipe from Martha Stewart Living. (Here)